According to the 2018 LightStream Home Improvement Survey, 26% of home improvement projects were kitchen remodels, but another popular room to remodel is the bathroom, and one thing you’ll certainly want to address is the bathtub. Here are a few easy steps that will help you better understand how to install an acrylic tub liner.
- Prepare the tub: Clean out your tub to remove any remaining oils or soap residue. This will ensure the acrylic tub liner adheres properly.
- Remove knobs from fixtures: Some fixtures will have additional knobs or features that will get in the way when trying to line up the new tub liner. Remove these now to keep them out of the way while you work. If you want to also replace the faucet, do this during this step.
- Apply adhesive: Apply your adhesive to the old surface of the tub. Don’t leave any gaps – this will help keep everything secure when placing the liner. Spread it as evenly as possible to keep everything level.
- Apply sealer: You’ll also need to carefully add sealer as well as your adhesive. Use this along the edges of where the liner will go to prevent water, moisture, dirt, and dust from getting between the tub and the liner.
- Place the liner: The acrylic tub liner will be in one solid piece for easy placement on your old tub. You may need to cut it slightly to fit your tub. Once it’s in place, press down firmly to remove any air underneath.
- Caulk: To finish your installation, use a thin line of caulk around the edge of the liner. This will further help to keep out moisture, as well as creating a cleaner look to finish your new tub.
If you’re still struggling with understanding how to install an acrylic tub liner, that doesn’t mean you’re out of luck for your renovation. Talking to general contractors and learning more about the process can help. To talk to a contractor or schedule service to help you finish your remodel, contact Leingang Home Center today.